Hello readers and occasional viewers and listeners!
We’re publishing this article to let you know about an upcoming webinar on comparing different online safety training solutions and finding the one that’s best for your company.
You can register for the webinar here. The webinar will be held on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 10 am (Pacific).
In the webinar, we’ll be giving you some tips about how to research, evaluate, and implement online safety training solutions at your workplace. We’ll briefly explain what online safety training is and give an overview of the type of online safety training solutions that are out in the marketplace; we’ll go over a few benefits of online safety training; we’ll give you tips for evaluating online safety training courses, online safety training management systems, and online safety training providers; we’ll help you build your own internal online safety training evaluation team at work; and we’ll give you some pointers about determining your company’s own unique online safety training needs.
In addition, we already have a large series of helpful related resources for you below the MORE button if you want to begin researching things on your own now. And once the webinar has been held, we’ll place an on-demand recording of the webinar on this page as well so you can listen to it any time you want or send it off to coworkers or friends.
So feel free to check out the stuff below now, get excited for the upcoming webinar and stay tuned for more news, and know you can always come back to this page later as you’re continuing your process of getting online safety training at work.
Also, let us know if you have questions you’d like answers to, or issues you’d like to see addressed, during the webinar. If we get some responses, we’ll try to fold those into the webinar in advance.
Online Safety Training Evaluation and Buyer’s Guide Resources
The articles in this section are directly related to helping you research, evaluate, adopt, and implement online safety training at your workplace.
- Evaluating Online Safety Training: 6 Steps
- How to Pitch Your Boss on Online Safety Training
- Online Safety Training Buyer’s Guide Checklist (to come…should be done before we hold the webinar)
- Reasons to Add Online Safety Training at Work
- 18 Online Safety Training Myths Debunked
- 2 Types of Online Safety Training
- Pros and Cons of Different Types of Online Safety Training
- Online Safety Training Glossary
Lists/Reviews of Online Safety Training Providers
The articles in this section are third-party sources of objective information about safety training providers and safety training solutions.
Here are a few lists of safety training providers, including online safety training providers.
- ISHN Magazine, Safety’s Top Training Companies, 2015
- ISNH Magazine, Safety and Health’s Top Training Resources
- OH&S Training Management Software Buyer’s Guide (Requires Sign-in)
- OH&S Training Software Buyer’s Guide (Requires Sign-in)
And here’s a website that provides objective, third-party evaluations of learning management systems (LMSs) AND reviews from real users of those LMSs.
We also think the Talented Learning website is a good place to get objective, non-biased information about LMSs and reviews of LMSs. And we think the book LMS Success: A Step-by-Step Guide to LMS Administration by Katrina Baker is a helpful resource.
And finally, here’s some more stuff that may be of interest to you.
We are looking for more links for this section…please leave a note in the comments if you can recommend some.
More General Articles About Online Safety Training
The articles in this section provide more general information about online safety training. They will provide more information about what online safety training is, some reasons to consider using it, and provide some examples of how to implement and use it effectively at work.
- How Online Safety Training Can Improve Your Workplace Safety Record
- 12 Ways to Deliver Online Safety Training
- 7 Ways Online Safety Training Helps New Employees Work More Safely
- How to Use Online Safety Training: 11 Easy Ideas
- How Using Online Safety Training Helps You Make Best Use of Instructor-Led Safety Training
- Animations and Online Safety Training
- Case Studies: 10 Stories of Customers Who Implemented Online Safety Training
- 3 Ways Online Safety Training Can Improve Your Safety Culture at Work
- What Is Online Health and Safety Training, Really, and What Can It Do?
- Better Safety Training with an LMS and eLearning Courses
- How Online Mining Safety Training Can Save You Time and Money
- Ultimate Guide to Online MSHA Part 46 Compliance (Free)
- Does MSHA Allow Online Safety Training?
- Blended Learning Best Practices (includes free guide)
Online Safety Training eLearning Courses
The articles in this section deal specifically with online safety training courses–also known as eLearning courses. They provide general helpful information but also include information about why eLearning safety training courses can be effective as part of an overall safety training program.
- eLearning Courses for Online Safety Training
- How Animations and 3D Animations Can Make Safety Training Better
- How to Create Your Own Safety Training eLearning Courses (On-Demand Webinar)
- What Is an eLearning Authoring Tool?
- Better Safety Training for New Employees via Better Visuals
- Better Mining Safety Training with Better Visuals
Online Safety Training and Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
The articles in this safety provide information about how training management systems (also known as learning management systems or LMSs) can be used as part of an online safety training system.
- LMSs for Online Safety Training
- How an LMS Can Improve the ROI of my Health and Safety Training Program
- How an LMS Helps with New Employee Safety Onboarding
- Tracking Training-Related EHS Leading Indicators
- Common Contractor Orientation Challenges
More General Articles about eLearning
The articles in this section deal with eLearning courses in general, without the specific focus on safety and health training.
- 8 Times When eLearning Is Better than Instructor-Led Training
- eLearning Basics: LMSs, Authoring Tools, and SCORM
- Using eLearning for Standard, Consistent Training Message
- eLearning or DVD?
- What is SCORM?
More General Articles about Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
The articles in this section deal with learning management systems (LMSs) in general, without the specific focus on safety training.
- 70/20/10, Performance Support, and On-Demand Learning with an LMS
- Signs You May Outgrow Your LMS
- 12 Ways to Administer Instructor-Led Training with an LMS
- Is an LMS Only Good for Online Training? Nope.
- What Is an LMS?
Online Safety Training and Different Parts of the Workforce
Here’s a look at online safety training in relation to different parts of your workforce:
A little thin, huh? We’ll build this section up, we promise!
Helpful Articles about Safety Training
This section includes articles with helpful information about safety training in general, without the focus on online safety training.
- List of Training Requirements in OSHA Standards
- OSHA-Susan Harwood Training Grant Program
- MSHA-Training and Education Resources
- University of California Systemwide Training and Education Workgroup-EH&S Training Best Practices Standards and Guidelines
- CDC/NIOSH-Job Training Analysis IC 9490 Information Circular
- ASSE Training & Communications Practice Specialty
- NSC Safety Training Resources
- Chunking Safety Training
- Adult Learning Principles for Safety Training
- Guide to Effective Safety Training
- How to Develop Effective Safety Training (Free On-Demand Webinar)
- 15 Tips for Effective Safety Training
- How to Make Safety Training More Fun: Tips from Safety Managers
- Chunking Mining Safety Training
- Safety Training and Humor
Helpful Articles about Training
This section includes articles that deal with training in general, without the focus on online training or safety training in specific.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- How to Write Training Materials
- Putting Adult Learning Principles to Work
- How to Write Learning Objectives
- How to Create an Effective Training Program: 8 Steps to Success
- How to Format Written Training Materials
- How to Write Better “Smile Sheets”
- Testing Employees After Training: Best Practices
- How to Chunk Training Materials
- Why People Don’t Remember Their Training
- How People Learn (Or Don’t)
- How People Learn (from Sensory Memory to Working Memory)
Helfpul Articles About Safety
We pulled together some articles in this section that deal with workplace safety, with no direct relationship to safety training or training at all.
- 5S + Safety = Lean 6S Safety
- What Is the Hierarchy of Controls?
- Free JHA Guide
- Risk Management and Safety
- How to Conduct an Incident Investigation
- What is a Safety and Health Management Program?
Free Guide: Benefits of Online Safety Training
Don’t forget to download the free guide below.
Benefits of Online Safety Training
Wondering if you should make the plunge with online safety training? This guide gives 10 reasons why, each based on experiences at real companies like yours.