If you’re in EHS (or Safety), you’re probably also in EHS (or Safety) training. If so, you’re going to LOVE the free downloadable guide at the bottom of this article.
The guide is going to walk you through all the steps of having a top-notch EHS training program that follows best practices. We think it will make your job easier and your workplace a safer, healthier place.
It’s a complete guide that will help you follow best practices for integrating your EHS and EHS training efforts; managing your EHS training program; design, develop, deliver, and evaluate your EHS training; and continually improve your EHS training.
Our guide has a lot in common with the best practices put forth in ANSI Z490.1, the American national standard of “Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training.” Although our guide covers nearly everything in the standard, we do recommend you still go and get a copy of the guide (which was just updated in 2016).
Best Practices for Effective EHS Training Programs
This EHS Training Guide will walk you through best practices for EHS training, including:
- Familiarizing you with ANSI/ASSP Z490.1 and Z490.2
- Administration and management of your EHS training program
- EHS training design and development, including:
- Performing a needs assessment
- Identifying course prerequisites
- Creating learning objectives
- Designing the course
- Designing the evaluation
- Determining completion criteria
- Making plans for continuous improvement
- EHS training delivery, including:
- Criteria for effective EHS trainers
- EHS training delivery methods
- EHS training materials
- EHS training evaluation
- Continuous improvement of EHS training
- EHS training documentation and record keeping
With that introduction done, please feel free to download the FREE GUIDE TO EFFECTIVE EHS TRAINING BELOW.
Effective EHS Training: A Step-by-Step Guide
Learn how to design, create, deliver, and evaluate effective EHS training by following these best practices with our free step-by-step guide.