On September 19 and September 20, 2017, we’ll be giving two separate presentations related to safety training at the Washington Governor’s Industrial Safety and Health Conference. One will be about Evaluating Online Safety Training Solutions, and the second will be about Effective Safety Training.
This blog is a supplement or related resources center for the presentation on Effective EHS Training. We have a second blog that functions as a related resources center for the presentation on Evaluating Online Safety Training Solutions.
If you’re reading this before the conference presentation on September 20 and you plan on attending, feel free to check out the stuff below as a type of “pre-study” opportunity. It might help prime the pump for learning and questions.
If you’re reading this after the conference and you did attend, here are the materials I promised. I hope you find them helpful.
If you’re reading this blog post before the conference presentation but don’t plan to attend, there’s still plenty of stuff that you can read now and find useful. The same is true if you are reading this after the conference and you didn’t attend.
And with that, let’s go on to the good stuff. Click the MORE button to get started.
Effective Safety Training: Additional Helpful Resources
As a reminder, here’s what we’ve got for you below, in order:
- A recorded, on-demand webinar that covers much of what I said in the conference about effective safety training
- A series of links to resources related to topics covered in the webinar
- A free Guide to Effective EHS Training (the guide that’s mentioned in the webinar and that I mentioned in the presentation)
Let us know if you have any questions. And leave any thoughts in the comments section at the bottom.
Effective EHS Training Webinar (Recorded)
Hope you enjoyed that webinar. As promised, we’ve got more for you below.
Links for Resources Related to Effective Safety Training
If you’re the curious sort, and/or want to dig deeper into the information the webinar introduced, we’ve got some helpful materials below.
Z490.1, ANSI, and ASSE
Convergence Guides and Blog Articles about Effective EHS Training
- Effective EHS Training Guide (you can also download this from the bottom of this page)
- Z490.1 Overview
- Sections 1, 2, and 3 Overview
- Section 4 Overview
- Section 5 Overview
- Section 6 Overview
- Section 7 Overview
Safety Training Delivery Methods and Selection
- Blended Learning Best Practices
- Blended Learning Overview
- Training for Basic Job Knowledge
- Scenario-Based Learning for Advanced Job Skills
Effective Safety Training Development
- Adult Learning Principles
- How People Learn
- How to Write Training Materials
- 25 Graphic Design Tips for Training Visuals
Safety Training Evaluation
- Kirkpatrick’s Four Levels of Evaluation
- Training, Business Goals, and KPIs
- How to Write Better Smile Sheets (Level 1 Training Evaluations)
- Some Best Practices for Workforce Training Testing
- How to Write Multiple-Choice Questions
- Tracking Training-Related EHS Leading Indicators
Mentioned During the Webinar
- Julie Dirksen’s Book Design for How People Learn
- Will Thalheimer’s book Performance-Focused Smile Sheets: A Radical Rethinking of a Dangerous Art Form
- Hemingway Editor website
How Keep in Touch with Convergence Training
Here are some ways to learn more about us or keep in touch:
- Our EHS and mining safety e-learning courses
- Our learning management systems (LMSs)
- The Convergence Training Blog
- Jeff Dalto’s LinkedIn Page
- Or just click the Chat feature on your screen to say hi or ask a question
Our Free Guide to Effective EHS Training
And of course, you can click the button below to get the free guide mentioned during the webinar.
Effective EHS Training: A Step-by-Step Guide
Learn how to design, create, deliver, and evaluate effective EHS training by following these best practices with our free step-by-step guide.