Although it’s the dead of winter, summer heat is coming sooner than you think. You’ll be sweating like a pig and sticking to your car’s leather seats before you know it.
We know our customers face special challenges in the summer time trying to keep their work forces safe while working in high temperatures and humidity.
With that in mind, we’re working now to produce two training modules related to heat stress:
- Heat Stress Causes
- Heat Stress Symptoms and Prevention
The Heat Stress Causes training module will explain:
- What heat stress is
- What causes it (including the relationship between heat and humidity)
- Factors that affect individual tolerances to heat
The Heat Stress Symptoms and Prevention training module will address:
- The different types of heat stress, including heat rash, heat cramps, heat syncope (fainting), heat exhaustion, and heat stroke
- Factors that contribute to heat stress
- Ways to reduce the risk of heat stress, including ventilation, air cooling, shielding, insulation, hydration, and proper clothing
We’re sure these Heat Stress training courses will be selling like hot cakes once they’re on the shelf and that you’re probably burning to get your hands on them. We’ll keep you updated, posting some previews as production continues and then letting you know when the two modules are ready.
Be sure to come back and add these to your collection before the dog days of summer are on. And know that we’re also working on a Cold Stress training module to cover the rest of the year.
Until then, treat yourself to a listen of this scorching classic.