Slips, trips, and falls remain a major cause of workplace injuries and even deaths. There are many ways to safeguard against these, and one of those is training. We thought we’d provide you a free guide for leading more effective fall prevention & protection toolbox talks to help with that. The guide provides materials for leading toolbox talks on ladder safety, scaffolding safety, and roofing work safety, all with the aim of preventing falls at work.
By the way, this article was written to parallel the National Safety Council’s National Safety Month (June, 2019) and its second-week emphasis on slips, trips, and falls. You can learn more about National Safety Month and even download some materials related to hazard recognition from the NSC here. You might want to also go here to check out the article we wrote for the week emphasis on hazard recognition.
And of course, just scroll down to the bottom of this article for the free fall prevention & protection toolbox talk guide.
Fall Prevention & Protection Toolbox Talk Guide
Download the free guide below and let us know if you’ve got any fall prevention and training needs.
You might also want to check out some of our other articles related to slips, trips, and falls:
- Stand Down to Prevent Fall-Related Fatalities: An Interview with Oregon OSHA
- Tips from OSHA’s Fall Prevention Training Guide
- Fall Prevention & Protection Hierarchy of Controls
- Fun Fall Prevention Online Word Game
- Fall Prevention & Protection Online Word Game (a different one)
- Fall Prevention FAQs and Information
- Fall Prevention & Protection OSHA 1926 Interactive Glossary
- 3 Ways to Ensure Your Safety When Wearing a Fall Prevention Harness
- What Is Harness Suspension Syndrome?
- What Is Vertical Lifeline Swing Hazard?
- Ladder Safety FAQs and Information
- 3 Ways to Avoid Falling from a Ladder
- Fun Ladder Safety Online Word Game
- Fun Interactive Ladder Safety Online Word Game (a different one)
- Ladders OSHA 1926 Glossary
- Free Portable Ladders Safety Checklist
- Scaffolds FAQs and Information
- 3 Ways to Work Safely on a Scaffold
- Fun Online Scaffolds Word Game
- Fun Online Scaffolds Word Game (a different one)
- Scaffolds Interactive OSHA 1926 Glossary
And don’t forget to download the free toolbox talk checklist below.
Free Download–Fall Prevention Toolbox Talk Checklist
Download this free checklist to help lead toolbox talks on fall prevention, including ladder safety, scaffolding safety, and roofing work safety.