We’re excited to announce that we have several courses related to material handling safety being researched.
Convergence Training recognizes the need for computer-based training to teach the importance of safe material handling, proper lifting techniques, and back injury prevention awareness.
Back injuries are one of the most common, disabling, and costly of all workplace injuries. Proper lifting and material handling training can lead to a reduced risk of injury as well as a decrease in revenue lost to product damage.
Our new courses will include the following titles and topics:
- Manual material handling
- Material storage
- Material disposal
- Material handling with slings
- Material handling with mobile equipment, such as cranes, forklifts, powered industrial trucks (PITs), and earth-moving equipment
Safe Lifting Training
- Lifting things that are too heavy
- Lifting improperly
- Lifting objects that are too big or awkward to carry safely
- Lifting and then dropping objects
Back Injury Prevention
- The anatomy of the spine, and specifics about the vertebrae, discs, spinal cord, and nerves
- Causes of back injuries, including lifting, twisting, repetitive motions, and ergonomic issues
- Ways to avoid back injuries
- Back injury symptoms
- Safe lifting techniques
- and more…
While we’re in the research phase, we’d really appreciate any comments from our customers. Are there any special topics related to material handling you’d like to see addressed? If so, we’d really appreciate your comments. Just leave a note here and we’ll check it out here. We really value customer input and make every effort to include your thoughts in our safety training materials.
Over time, we’ll post updates here to let you know how we’re progressing during the production of these courses, and again when they’re ready for sale.