With temperatures plummeting and the mercury dropping, and with the ice, snow, and high winds of winter upon us, it seemed like a great time to expand our training course library to include a new module on Cold Stress.
The training module will cover these chilly topics:
- The three types of cold stress—frostbite, trench foot (also called immersion foot), and hypothermia
- The cause of cold stress, including the three members of the “cold stress equation” (cold, wind, and wetness)
- Factors that affect an individual’s ability to tolerate cold weather
- Signs, symptoms, and treatments for all three types of cold stress
- Prevention of cold stress
Be sure to check back for the cool low-down on this module. We’ll post updates during production to show some of our fancy 3D sets and again when the course is completed. Also, keep your eyes out for our two new Heat Stress modules, which are also in production.
Until then, maybe you’d like to check out this cool video?