Lean manufacturing is dedicated to reducing waste in order to increase value. In the book The Machine that Changed the World, James Womack, Daniel Jones, and Daniel Roos identified five principles that underlie lean manufacturing efforts.
Download our free 5 Principles of Lean Manufacturing infographic below to learn the five principles.
In addition, you might want to check out some of our other articles related to lean manufacturing:
- What is Lean? Introducing Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing Word Game
- 5S + Safety = 6S Safety
- What Is Kaizen?
- What Is a Kaizen Event?
- Improving Workplace Safety with Lean Manufacturing
- What Is TWI?
- The TWI Job Relations (JR) Program
- The TWI Job Instructions (JI) Program
- The TWI Job Methods (JM) Program
- Applying Lean Value Stream Mapping to Training
- 7 Wastes of Lean Infographic (free download)
- Convergence Training Introduction to 5S eLearning course
We hope the infographic below helps you get started on your own lean journey.
Free Five Principles of Lean Download
Download this free infographic explaining the five principles of lean manufacturing as listed in the book The Machine that Changed the World.