Thanksgiving day! A time to reflect on all our good fortunes and be thankful. A cherished opportunity to enjoy the company of not only our immediate family but our extended family too. A time to eat a wonderful meal, all expertly cooked and artfully served, while enjoying the company of all.
Well, that’s how it works sometimes, for some people. More power to them, right?
Other times, though, Thanksgiving doesn’t go quite according to plan. To prepare for those instances, you may want to consider some of the following titles from our workforce and safety training libraries.
Read on for some tips and chuckles. And we truly DO wish you a great holiday.
OK, let’s get to the jokes.
1. The problem: Daughter’s boyfriend invited but not made aware in advance of various family issues and dramas.
How can you blame the young man if he hasn’t been warned in advance?
Our Training Suggestion: Hazard Communication
2. The problem: Too many family members, some of whom are not fond of one another, all together in one house.
There’s a reason some of us move to different states…
Our Training Suggestion: Confined Space Awareness
3. The problem: Mean-spirited cousin Harold from Duluth doesn’t even get invited.
Sometimes you just have to quit playing nice.
Our Training Suggestion: Lockout/Tagout
4. The problem: Uncle Jim mistakenly tries to tell Mom who should sit where.
Don’t be telling Mom anything. It’s her house and she’s worked hard all day.
Our Training Suggestion: Line of Authority
5. The problem: Dad burns the turkey.
Our Training Suggestion: Fire Safety
6. The problem: Various dishes arrive at table at different times spread out over 45 minutes.
Getting all the food on the table at the same time ain’t easy.
Our Training Suggestion: 5S
7. The problem: Know-it-all windbag Uncle Phil with an opinion on everything won’t stop talking.
Hey, it’s the Thanksgiving Day table, not Facebook.
Our Training Suggestion: Compressed Gas Safety
8. The problem: Uncle Waldorf, already warned to eat more slowly, inhales the turkey and chokes on the wishbone.
Slow down, friends!
Our Training Suggestion: First Aid for Breathing Emergencies
9. The problem: Jamal hurts his back while trying to help Charles, who ate too much, get up from the table.
Let’s practice safe lifting procedures and make it home safely, everyone.
Our Training Suggestion: Crane and Hoist Rigging Safety
10. The problem: Aunt Dottie drinks too much sherry, gets tipsy, and shows kids how to dance the hokey pokey.
There’s a time and place for everything, but this is neither the time nor the place.
Our Training Suggestion: Fall Prevention and Protection
11. The problem: Family argument at MAXIMUM volume.
Things have been known to get heated.
Our Training Suggestion: Hearing Conservation
12. The problem: Post-dinner gastrointestinal distress.
Our Training Suggestion: Hand Washing and Hygiene
13. The problem: Full-scale, complete family breakdown.
We all hope for our better stars to guide us, but it doesn’t always work out that way.
Our Training Suggestion: Emergency Action Plan
14. The problem: Cousin Jeff puts his foot through the TV screen after his football team loses AGAIN on national TV (note: this particular issue is most often experienced by fans of the Detroit Lions–Go Lions! Roar! Beat the Vikings!).
I’m pretty sure this is our year. Didn’t the Cubs just win the World Series, and didn’t the Cavs just win the NBA Finals? Hope springs eternal in The D.
Our Training Suggestion: Electrical Safety General Awareness
More Humor-based Safety Articles
Enjoy this post? If so, you might like some of our other “special” training recommendation posts too, including:
- Safety Training for the Mayan Apocalypse
- Zombie Safety Training for Halloween
- Sharknado Safety Training
- Safety Training for the Final Episode of Breaking Bad
- St. Valentine’s Day Safety Poem
- Safety Training for the Super Bowl
- Safety Training for March Madness
Here’s hoping your Thanksgiving goes better than the ones discussed above. In addition, Convergence Training would like to sincerely thank our customers for the business, and the Convergence Training Blog Team would like to thank our readers for checking us out. Have a great holiday!
Want one last look at some of our training materials? Here’s a quick highlight video.
Don’t forget to download a free copy of the guide below.
Benefits of Online Safety Training
Wondering if you should make the plunge with online safety training? This guide gives 10 reasons why, each based on experiences at real companies like yours.